SNRS Maintenance Specialist
(S)he will apply campus policies and procedures to resolve a variety of facilities management issues at the Sierra Nevada Research Stations. You will work on facilities management problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Under the general direction of the Sierra Nevada Field Station Director, the SNRS Maintenance Specialist will be responsible for the maintenance of the Yosemite and Sequoia Kings Canyon Field Stations facilities to include the Office Building, Classroom Building and 7 houses in Yosemite National Park along with 2 buildings (cabin and work space) in Sequoia Kings Canyon National Park. (S)He will be responsible for coordinating periodic maintenance year-round functions and perform repairs on the facilities structures and equipment. This position will also be responsible for minor improvements and general projects, as well as overseeing the general grounds of the facilities.
Job Category: Managerial/Professional
Unit: Sierra Nevada Research Institute
Position Code: SSNRI5442A
Closing Date: 07/08/2014
Salary: $36,600 - $54,400 Annually
Location: Yosemite National Park
- Bachelors degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Working knowledge of practices and procedures relating to facility maintenance.
- Working knowledge of practices and procedures of safety and emergency preparedness.
- Skills to work under pressure of deadlines in a stressful environment.
- Working organizational skills to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines, to establish goals and work load priorities, and to meet project deadlines within budget and time constraints.
- Written communication skills to prepare a variety of correspondence, reports, policies and procedures, and training documents.
- Active listening, interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills to effectively resolve questions, concerns, issues or problems and ensure cooperative and productive working relationships with the UC and NPS.
- Skills to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience in general building, construction and building maintenance.
- Customer service skills to liaise with guests at the field stations