NATURAL RESERVE SYSTEM
The UCSB Coal Oil Point Reserve is seeking to hire a Conservation Specialist to assist with the management of threatened and endangered species, and educate reserve users about the reserve's biological resources, research, and conservation programs, with emphasis on Snowy Plover conservation. Will interact with a variety of people as a spokesperson for the Reserve. The work includes monitoring Snowy Plover nests, managing beach use and breeding success databases, and producing annual reports about the COPR plover population. Recruit, train, and manage a large group of volunteers to become plover docents and tour guides. Reqs: Must have a positive attitude and ability to handle different views and potential conflict. Must have an undergraduate science degree and have demonstrated experience with data collection and analysis. Must be able to follow monitoring and data collection protocols and be able to communicate effectively with volunteer assistants.
- Walk on sand dunes and up and down hills to access beach several times a week.
- Occasionally work outside of normal working hours including responding to emergencies.
- Routinely drive University vehicles as part of the job.
- Fingerprinting required.
- Maintain a valid CA driver's license, a clean DMV record and enrollment in the DMV Employee Pull-Notice Program. $4,080/mo. The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. For primary consideration apply by 3/22/15, thereafter open until filled. Apply online at https://jobs.ucsb.edu Job #20150122